IEC 60335-2-24:2020 deals with the safety of the following appliances, refrigerating appliances for household and similar use; ice-makers incorporating a motor-compressor and ice-makers intended to be used in frozen food storage compartments; refrigerating appliances and ice-makers for use in camping, touring caravans and boats for leisure purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances and 24 V d.c for appliances when battery operated. These appliances may be operated from the mains, from a separate battery or operated either from the mains or from a separate battery. This standard also deals with the safety of ice-cream appliances intended for household use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances. It also deals with with compression-type appliances for household and similar use, which use flammable refrigerants.
The principal changes in this edition as compared with the previous edition are as follows:
– aligns the text with IEC 60335-1, and its amendments;
– clarifies the term "household and similar use";
– updates marking requirements for supply terminals of battery operated appliances;
– introduces requirements for appliances using transcritical refrigerant systems;
– introduces an enhanced flexing test;
– introduces requirements for accessible glass panels;
– clarifies tests for appliances using flammable refrigerants.
he attention of national Committees is drawn to the fact that equipment manufacturers and testing organizations may need a transitional period following publication of a new, amended or revised IEC publication in which to make products in accordance with the new requirements and to equip themselfs for conducting new or revised tests.
- Number of Pages:
- File Size:
- 1 file , 3.4 MB